“Stress management tips” may be one of the most commonly searched keyword in any search engine. In today’s “fast and furious” world, stress has been a major problem everywhere. What are the impacts of stress in family life and how to beat stress?
Stress and family stress are different. Stress may cause problems in family life as well as family problems may act as a reason for stress (family stress).
Though it is not widely recognized, stress mainly affects communication. It makes real changes in the way we talk with others which will have a real impact in the relationships. Those who are under stress may not be able to give consideration to the other people with whom they are talking, as these people are living in a different world. This in turn will make the other parties quite depressed or keep them apart.
In family life, when either of the two is under stress, the other may feel he or she is not getting attention or the interest in them has gone. As the effect of stress shall be seen in each and every activity they usually enjoy, the difference in the way those things are done will also cause additional problems.
Stress prevents many people from being involved with the family. Though they are isolating themselves from the world, the family may feel as if he or she is avoiding them.
In a nutshell, stress can really break up the family situation which was built on years of happy living.
Tips to conquer
- The first and most important secret to be understood about family stress is to understand the fact that stress is only a temporary situation and can be overcome with a little effort. Accepting stress as it is will make a real difference. This will help to understand that “I shall soon be better”.
- Affirmations or self hypnosis- This is not something to be done by Psychologists or any such gurus. Do it yourself. All you have to do is to have a strong faith and belief in yourself and the beloved ones around you. Convince yourself that you are not alone and nothing is permanent. The probability of getting rid of stress is much higher in those who think and feel they shall overcome stress.
- Share your happiest moments or future dreams with your loved ones- Our subconscious mind is nothing more than a land which is suitable to plant anything. We harvest only what we have planted. The result of positive statements is positive always. Fill your mind with inspiring and positive statements which will help you recover at the earliest.
- Music- Another simple yet powerful tool to beat stress. Listening musing will change our mood in a very short period of time. Be very selective in your choice when it is about music. It should propel you to an excited state within minutes.
- Walking- Walk with longer steps and watch everything outside while you are walking. One more thing to do while you are on walk is to recall the most happiest moments in your life- to make this possible, walk alone.
And understand that Stress is not life and Life is not stress!